Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
Hello, I am Mrs Moy and I am the SENCO - Special Educational Needs Coordinator.
I have been teaching for 30 years. I have undertaken further qualification and training to become a qualified SENCO.
I am here to help children with special needs.
Do speak to your child’s class teacher if you have any questions or information you want to share about your child.
They will usually be able to help you and if necessary they will refer you to me.
I work at Katherine Semar three days a week and can be contacted via admin email or by calling the school office.
I look forward to us working together.
The following free course is for parents of Early Years children only -
The following link will take you to the Essex local authority services and support for SEN and disability page: http://www.essexlocaloffer.org.uk/
Speech & Language and Occupational Therapy Information from Essex Wellbeing Services - https://essexfamilywellbeing.co.uk/article/school-age-therapies-toolkit/
Please click on the link below to take you to Neurodiversity 101 Top Tips from the ADHD Foundation -
Parent/Carer Online learning event videos -
- Understanding and supporting school attendance If it's not possible to go to school | Essex Local Offer
- One Planning Make a plan of action to support your child | Essex Local Offer
- Sensory Strategies Autism and ADHD | Essex Local Offer
- Understanding Behaviour Mental health | Essex Local Offer
- An introduction to visuals Help with everyday tasks | Essex Local Offer
- Essex Family Forum Essex Family Forum | Essex Local Offer
- Preparation and planning for annual reviews Help for people with high support needs | Essex Local Offer
- Thinking about the future Help with life skills | Essex Local Offer
- Toileting tips and support Toileting tips and support
- Strategies to use with your child to develop their early language and communication Communication | Essex Local Offer
- School focussed anxiety Help available in mainstream education Essex Local Offer